Individual Fundamentals and playing 1 to 1 in Modern Basketball
IDEF Lifelong Learning Center organizes for another year a series of lectures for those interested in receiving coaching knowledge related to modern Basketball.
Seminars are provided in English and in real time, through IDEF online platform. A recorded version is also released soon after each session and remains at the disposal of all participants for six months, for unlimited viewing.
The current seminar is about “Team Establishment and Transition Game in Modern Basketball”, is covered in 11 sessions and through 25 exciting teaching hours. The first lecture is planned to begin February 13th, 2022 and is it free of charge, while the whole seminars cycle finishes on July 24th, 2022.
Online Meetings – all at 8 pm (GMT +2)
– February 13, 2022 – “Shooting mechanics”. (free)
– February 20, 2022 – “Lay ups, hook shot, jump shot”.
– February 27, 2022 – “Footwork”.
– March 13, 2022 – “Dribbling”.
– March 27, 2022 – “Passing”.
– April 10, 2022 – “Rebounding, diving for loose balls, taking a charge”.
– May 15, 2022 – “One on one offense, face to the basket ,dribble alive”.
– May 29, 2022 – “One on one offense, face to the basket, off the catch.
– June 12, 2022 – “One on one offense, back to the basket, low post play”.
– July 17, 2022 – “One on one perimeter defense”.
– July 24, 2022 – “One on one inside defense”.
Registrations – Contact
If you wish more information or to express your interest, please fill in the form below or contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel. +302106916807).
Registration for each lecture costs €30 (thirty euros).
A €30 discount is provided to those, who will register for all 11 sessions (total €270).
A certification will be issued only to those who register for all 11 sessions of the seminar.
Coach – Lecturer
Thanassis Papachatzis, is a graduate of TEFAA Gymnastic Academy and Master’s Degree holder from North Carolina, Michael Jordan and legendary coach Dean Smith’ University. Thanassis had the opportunity to attend Smith’s coaching, during his two years stay in the US.
After returning from North Carolina, Papachatzis worked as an associate coach in the National Team for the World Cup in Canada in 1994 and the Eurobasket in ’95, achieving the fourth place in both competitions. While serving the Panathinaikos team of Athens, he participated in the conquest of the first Euroleague win in Greek basketball history (1996 in Paris). He has served Olympiakos, AEK, Aris, Panionios and other Greek teams.
He has also worked as an assistant coach at Russian Lokomotiv Kuban and Chinese Shandong Golden Stars, while he has served as principal coach at Apollon Patras and APOEL Cyprus.
Seminar Contact Form